Senior Test Engineer
Hours of work:
Full Time: 41.5 hours
Purpose of the role:
To supervise the Test Engineers and delegate the related test work. Continuous improvement of the Engine Test area.
The safe running of the Engine Test Facility. Maintaining Risk Assessments and implementing metrics to monitor the efficiency of the Engine test facility and drive improvements.
- Supervision of, and delegation of daily work, to the Test Engineers & Test Technicians working in the test area.
- Ensure customers test procedures are followed and internal procedures or specifications are updated and implemented where necessary.
- Support and drive the department towards compliance with ISO standards.
- Investigate and report customer complaints and test failures in a timely manner.
- Ensure all activities carried out are ethical, meet H & S regulations and comply with Company procedures.
- Ensure your area of responsibility complies with the Environmental Management System.
- Ability to communicate clearly & appropriately. Work effectively in a team leader type role. High level of PC (MS Office) skills.
- Previous experience of working in a team leader role.
- Previous experience of communicating directly with Internal & External customers.
- Proven track record working in a team leader role.
- Proven track record of dealing with Internal & External customers on a daily basis.
- Evidence of continual personal & professional development.
- Test experience – 5 years’ work experience in similar Engineering environment.
- Knowledge of test systems & procedures.
- BEng / BSc (Hons). Preferably in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering.
All applicants must submit a CV and a covering letter detailing how they meet the person specification and suitability for the role. Please clearly mark all correspondence in accordance with the job role you are applying for and send to firstname.lastname@example.org